[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management] Prepraing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management] Prepraing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

Were close to having another set of packages available for lunar.
The only failing stack right now is [navigation](https://github.com/ros-planning/navigation/issues/572) on Ubuntu Zesty and Debian Stretch. @DLu @mikeferguson

Given that there are almost 200 packages to sync and no major regression (only discrepancy between platforms), I'm planning to sync soon. I'll wait a few days for a new release of navigation to come through if possible.

Thanks to all maintainers releasing these packages in Lunar!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/prepraing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management] Prepraing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

I'd like to push in a new release of ros_controllers as there were a few
minor features that got added to indigo but not kinetic and lunar. There's
a test missing I have to add and it's ready for release.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/prepraing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Lunar] Preparing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

Navigation has been released (:+1: @mikeferguson ) and we have green jobs on all platforms.

@bmagyar What is the expected time-frame for adding the test and releasing `ros_controllers` ?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Lunar] Preparing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

The latest releases into Lunar are failing some tests on downstream packages: http://build.ros.org/view/Ldev/job/Ldev__ros_comm__ubuntu_xenial_amd64/62/ Please hold the sync until those have been resolved.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398/4) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Lunar] Preparing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

[quote="dirk-thomas, post:4, topic:2398"]
Please hold the sync until those have been resolved.
[/quote]

Will do, thanks for the heads up

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398/5) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Lunar] Preparing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

I'm releasing `ros_controllers` in a few hours.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398/6) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Lunar] Preparing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

There's also been a regression identified in kinetic that effects the newly released lunar navigation packages too: https://github.com/ros-planning/navigation/issues/612

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398/7) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Lunar] Preparing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

@bmagyar It looks like some tests are failing in the new version of `ros_controllers` (job [here](http://build.ros.org/job/Ldev__ros_controllers__ubuntu_xenial_amd64/16/)).
Is it something that should be addressed before the sync ?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398/8) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Lunar] Preparing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

Don't worry about it, I think we have to rethink how our tests are
organized as running them is becoming somewhat unstable.

The feature for which I added the test has been around for long on indigo
and never had issues with the tests there.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398/9) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Lunar] Preparing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

[quote="bmagyar, post:9, topic:2398"]
Dont worry about it, I think we have to rethink how our tests are

organized as running them is becoming somewhat unstable.
[/quote]

Sounds good :+1:

There are 2 issues holding this sync right now:

- navigation `-lpthreads` [issue]( https://github.com/ros-planning/navigation/issues/612)
- tinyxml2 broken on Yakkety, Zesty and Debian Stretch (tracked [here](https://github.com/ros/rospack/issues/77))

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398/10) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Lunar] Preparing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

The tinyxml2 issue has been fixed by hosting a patched tinyxml2 on packages.ros.org

We're still waiting on some ros_comm regressions to be fixed and the revert of the SDL libraries in navigation before syncing

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398/11) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Lunar] Preparing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

`navigation` fix has been released and `ros_comm` issues have been resolved.
Waiting for the rebuild to complete and will sync afterwards (likely tomorrow)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398/12) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Lunar] Preparing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

The `ros_comm` patch release is out: https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/pull/15781

I recommend to wait for a while to let the recent changes soak in the testing repo before the sync in order to allow more testing to happen to identify potential regressions.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398/13) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Lunar] Preparing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

[quote="dirk-thomas, post:13, topic:2398"]
I recommend to wait for a while to let the recent changes soak in the testing repo before the sync in order to allow more testing to happen to identify potential regressions.
[/quote]

Sounds good, Current state of packages has been in testing for five days.
Is there any outstanding issue that I should be aware of ?
Otherwise I'm planning on syncing soon.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398/14) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Lunar] Preparing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

[quote="marguedas, post:14, topic:2398"]
Is there any outstanding issue that I should be aware of ?
[/quote]

Not that I am aware of...

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398/15) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Lunar] Preparing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

Waiting on the buildfarm to rebuild and will sync after that (likely tomorrow afternoon). Please hold merging lunar releases until then.

Thanks!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398/16) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Lunar] Preparing for Lunar Sync 2017-08-07

And ..Done! https://discourse.ros.org/t/new-packages-for-lunar-2017-08-22/2490
Thanks everyone for your efforts!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-lunar-sync-2017-08-07/2398/17) or reply to this email to respond.