[Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] ROS Quality Assurance Working Group July 2018 Meeting Notes
These are the meeting notes for July 2018.
The agenda for the meeting was:
1. Update from Andr Santos on the implementation of Making ROS Quality Visible
2. Discuss and vote on the Code Review initiative. Last meeting, two options have been discussed: (1) a dedicated Wiki page or portal for code review with a reward system for the reviewers (similar to the Karma system), (2) Each time someone submit a pull request, he/she is asked to review another pull request.
1. Andr Santos provided an update on the extension of Haros to capture the quality metrics. The work is progressing well. However, we need to agree on the output of these quality metrics.
1. The output (the GUI to display these metric) has been discussed. Andr will design a prototype for the group to review next meeting.
1. The user rating portion of the "Making Quality visible" was discussed. This will be done outside of Haros. Currently, the Wiki does not have functionality to build this feature. Hence, we need to investigate how to do it. Matt Drotter volunteered to investigate and report back to the group next meeting.
1. Energizing the code review initiative was discussed. Both option were debated. Option 2 was voted overwhelmingly as the favorite to implement. Most participants Highlighted its simplicity to implement compared to option 1.