[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Catkin: run specific unit test

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Catkin: run specific unit test

Jonathan Binney via ros-users

I know there are specific test commands
`catkin_make run_tests`  to run all tests
and
`catkin_make run_tests_<projectname>_gtest_<testname>` to run specific test declared by catkin_add_gtest(..)

One test file can have multiple tests though.
Example:

    TEST(testsuit1, test1) {
    ..
    }

    TEST(testsuit1, test2) {
    ..
    }

    TEST(testsuit2, test3) {
    ..
    }

    int main(int argc, char **argv) {
        testing::InitGoogleTest(&argc, argv);
        return RUN_ALL_TESTS();
    }

Is that possible to run only testsuit1 or only test3 from my example?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/catkin-run-specific-unit-test/2679/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] Catkin: run specific unit test

Jonathan Binney via ros-users

Thanks for your question. However we ask that you please ask questions on http://answers.ros.org following our support guidelines: http://wiki.ros.org/Support

ROS Discourse is for news and general interest discussions. [ROS Answers](http://answers.ros.org) provides a forum which can be filtered by tags to make sure the relevant people can find and/or answer the question, and not overload everyone with hundreds of posts.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/catkin-run-specific-unit-test/2679/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] Catkin: run specific unit test

Jonathan Binney via ros-users

Sorry. I moved my question there. I din't find how to close this one though.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/catkin-run-specific-unit-test/2679/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] Catkin: run specific unit test

Jonathan Binney via ros-users

Thanks.  I moved the thread to "Uncategorized" to decrease the number of people getting notifications I could close the topic as an administrator but I don't expect many replies to come along.

For others reference the question is now here: https://answers.ros.org/question/271114/catkin-run-specific-unit-test/

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/catkin-run-specific-unit-test/2679/4) or reply to this email to respond.