[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Intel Euclid iRobot Explorer

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Intel Euclid iRobot Explorer

Tully Foote via ros-users

A simple solution for robotics is Intel Euclid with an iRobot (create2,roomba).

With the Euclid,  all included sensors and an iRobot,  it should be possible to prepare a simple and powerful robot explorer.

Costs:
Euclid: 400 $
Create2: 200 $

All you need included.
to be continued...

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/intel-euclid-irobot-explorer/2569/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Intel Euclid iRobot Explorer

Tully Foote via ros-users

The thing missing from your list is the ability to power the Euclid from the base.

The Create2 base (or Roomba for that matter) do not provide 5V power out, much less at 3A needed by the Euclid.
You can run on the Euclid battery power, but then your runtime is fairly low.

One thing we are including in our build is a custom interface board, with microcontroller and regulated power supplies.

Cheers!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/intel-euclid-irobot-explorer/2569/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Intel Euclid iRobot Explorer

Tully Foote via ros-users

Hi Ilia,
yes, you are completely right,
 I've noticed this issue while playing with my RoombaEuclid very early  :frowning:
 One more reason to buy the Clearpath solution.

Do you know, if Clearpath has rosnodes for all this nice builtin sensors available ?
GPS, compass, barometer,...

Thanks for your suggestion and feedback
Cheers
Chrimo