[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROS-A Focused Initiative for Agriculture

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROS-A Focused Initiative for Agriculture

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

Greetings,

ROS-A is a focused initiative for using ROS in Agriculture.

The goal is to make close loop autonomous farming a reality.

We are working on data collection and agricultural data standards.  If you would like to participate in the project we will have a breakout session at ROSCon 2017 to discuss the ROS-A standards.

Follow us online Twitter @ROSAgriculture or signup to join the conversation at http://rosagriculture.org.

Thank you for supporting open source robotics,

Matt Droter
Founder

Tel: 866 565-3025
[hidden email]
http://rosagriculture.org

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-a-focused-initiative-for-agriculture/2563/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROS-A Focused Initiative for Agriculture

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

Hi. I've looked at the site and am interested, but am wondering what I'm 'signing up' for. What sort of platform do you use to host the discussion? A forum?

Additionally: are you primarily focusing on the US, or are users from other countries also welcome?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-a-focused-initiative-for-agriculture/2563/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROS-A Focused Initiative for Agriculture

Right now we are setup on Slack at http://rosagriculture.slack.com

US based but this is a global challenge.  Everyone is welcome to participate.

If you are interested in starting a ROS-A meetup in your location contact us.

Matt

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-a-focused-initiative-for-agriculture/2563/3) or reply to this email to respond.