[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROS-A Focused Initiative for Agriculture

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROS-A Focused Initiative for Agriculture

Gary Edwards via ros-users

Greetings,

ROS-A is a focused initiative for using ROS in Agriculture.

The goal is to make close loop autonomous farming a reality.

We are working on data collection and agricultural data standards.  If you would like to participate in the project we will have a breakout session at ROSCon 2017 to discuss the ROS-A standards.

Follow us online Twitter @ROSAgriculture or signup to join the conversation at http://rosagriculture.org.

Thank you for supporting open source robotics,

Matt Droter
Founder

Tel: 866 565-3025
[hidden email]
http://rosagriculture.org

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-a-focused-initiative-for-agriculture/2563/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROS-A Focused Initiative for Agriculture

Gary Edwards via ros-users

Hi. I've looked at the site and am interested, but am wondering what I'm 'signing up' for. What sort of platform do you use to host the discussion? A forum?

Additionally: are you primarily focusing on the US, or are users from other countries also welcome?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-a-focused-initiative-for-agriculture/2563/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROS-A Focused Initiative for Agriculture

Gary Edwards via ros-users

Right now we are setup on Slack at http://rosagriculture.slack.com

US based but this is a global challenge.  Everyone is welcome to participate.

If you are interested in starting a ROS-A meetup in your location contact us.

Matt

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-a-focused-initiative-for-agriculture/2563/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROS-A Focused Initiative for Agriculture

Gary Edwards via ros-users

I've done a lot of work in greenhouse automation and control. As a part of this I've done automatic irrigation based on sensor data, HVAC control, supplemental lighting and other things (control of fan rates and pumps).  Is there work being done yet on this front within ROS-A?  If not, is there interest in it under the ROS-A project?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-a-focused-initiative-for-agriculture/2563/4) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROS-A Focused Initiative for Agriculture

Gary Edwards via ros-users

Kevron,

There is interest in your project. Can you and I get in touch with each other directly, to discuss possibilities?

Bill Mania

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-a-focused-initiative-for-agriculture/2563/5) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROS-A Focused Initiative for Agriculture

Gary Edwards via ros-users

Sure.  Can you PM me and we can discuss how to discuss more?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-a-focused-initiative-for-agriculture/2563/6) or reply to this email to respond.