[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROSbot 2.0 - new development platform for ROS

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROSbot 2.0 - new development platform for ROS

Gary Edwards via ros-users

Hi ROS Community,

I want to introduce a new ROS development platform which we have offically launched a week ago.

ROSbot 2.0 is a mobile, autonomous robot platform based on CORE2-ROS controller (with ASUS Tinker Board).

Here are some of the main features:

* aluminium chassis
* 4 x DC motors with quadrature encoders drive
* RGDB camera - Orbecc Astra
* LiDAR - RPLIDAR A2
* 4 x sharp distance sensors
* expension interfaces grouped in the rear plate
* badass looks :sunglasses:

![f|540x500](upload://qO5C283UrdFu3Osxwuvdc1r1Pzj.jpg)
![c1|579x500](upload://8aeDfgXNUJiATx4oENDwsBmFFBH.jpg)![r|638x500](upload://knauzAuxD4U04Pr4gy9CLBpoFRc.jpg)
![b|595x500](upload://h0pcElRHsx0xMPskE2NmpD2imRC.jpg)

You can find full specs, documentation, and tutorials here: https://husarion.com/core2/manuals/rosbot-manual .

I would appreciate your comments and would be glad to answer any questions.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rosbot-2-0-new-development-platform-for-ros/3890/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROSbot 2.0 - new development platform for ROS

Gary Edwards via ros-users

Btw, we have also prepared a detailed article about ROSbot 2.0 platform on medium, under this link: https://medium.com/husarion-blog/rosbot-2-0-a-new-open-source-autonomous-robot-platform-640af0b95a8d

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rosbot-2-0-new-development-platform-for-ros/3890/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROSbot 2.0 - new development platform for ROS

Gary Edwards via ros-users

Do you have a github of all the files and documentation?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rosbot-2-0-new-development-platform-for-ros/3890/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROSbot 2.0 - new development platform for ROS

Gary Edwards via ros-users

Hi Kevin, ROS tutorials (https://husarion.com/core2/tutorials/ros-tutorials/1-ros-introduction/) are here: https://github.com/husarion/static_docs/tree/master/src/core2/tutorials/ros-tutorials , documentation is here: https://github.com/husarion/static_docs/blob/master/src/core2/manuals/rosbot-manual.md . Soon more repos with code, examples etc. for ROSbot will be available.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rosbot-2-0-new-development-platform-for-ros/3890/4) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] ROSbot 2.0 - new development platform for ROS

Gary Edwards via ros-users

Dear ROS community,

I've got a quick update regarding ROSbot 2.0 platform:

1) We've introduced a new ROS-based web user interface for ROSbot. You can set it up in 5 mins in your local network or via the internet. Use ROSbot in both remote control and autonomous mode, and test its functionalities, without any coding. Its open source an already on our GitHub page. Web UI works with any ROSbot 2.0 version and is available here:  https://husarion.com/tutorials/howtostart/rosbot---quick-start/

![image|690x362](upload://iAKcJw56TpCpIHMVbAEUQwLFsj8.jpg)

2) We've updated Sharp distance sensors to VL53L0X time-of-flight distance sensor, which offers bigger range, higher accuracy and higher immunity to interferences

3) We've increased battery capacity from 2600 mAh to 3500 mAh

4) We've improved the charging process by providing stronger and more reliable chargers

5) We are now adding USB Ethernet Adapter to each ROSbot 2.0. set for quick network setup

The complete set looks like this:

![image|686x500](upload://jfxzmzHIiqbMyp7jbhOV2zkztMt.jpg)

Full specs are available here: https://husarion.com/manuals/rosbot-manual/ .

Cheers!

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/rosbot-2-0-new-development-platform-for-ros/3890/5) or reply to this email to respond.