[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

1234

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Nikolaus Demmel via ros-users

How goes the progress?

We've been working on neural net fuzzy logic steering to make autosteer machine independent.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/63) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Nikolaus Demmel via ros-users

I slogged through planting all of the corn (535A), planted the soybeans, and then barely prepped for the AgBot Challenge.  It was today.  I won!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZJFvOwSE54

Now I'm catching up on sleeping and eating...

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/64) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Nikolaus Demmel via ros-users

Congratulations!!! A great accomplishment to win with the competition and even more so given the competition.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/65) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Nikolaus Demmel via ros-users

Very cool I like seeing how you build and sort through all the issues. All while keeping the farm running. But soon you will just have to push the buttons and Watch the monitors

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/66) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Nikolaus Demmel via ros-users

Kyler, i think you may find this interesting from the Canadian Defense Technical Information Center

[http://www.dtic.mil/docs/citations/ADA599492](http://www.dtic.mil/docs/citations/ADA599492)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/67) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Nikolaus Demmel via ros-users

Thank you.  Yes, Pure Pursuit came up a lot in my research.  I decided that I could do without it for the trivially simple (straight line) situations that I handle now, but I do want to try it for more complex handling.  I recall that the FroboMind field robot code uses Pure Pursuit or similar.  (The target point is shown in the simulation.)  I intend to try implementing that code on my machines.

I have Tractobot00 running again.  I hope to start using it as a testbed soon.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/68) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Nikolaus Demmel via ros-users

I'm so glad the PID package I worked on has been useful to you. This is why I do it. I'm sure others feel the same way.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/69) or reply to this email to respond.

1234