[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

1234

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Tully Foote via ros-users

How goes the progress?

We've been working on neural net fuzzy logic steering to make autosteer machine independent.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/63) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Tully Foote via ros-users

I slogged through planting all of the corn (535A), planted the soybeans, and then barely prepped for the AgBot Challenge.  It was today.  I won!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZJFvOwSE54

Now I'm catching up on sleeping and eating...

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/64) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Tully Foote via ros-users

Congratulations!!! A great accomplishment to win with the competition and even more so given the competition.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/65) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Tully Foote via ros-users

Very cool I like seeing how you build and sort through all the issues. All while keeping the farm running. But soon you will just have to push the buttons and Watch the monitors

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/66) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Tully Foote via ros-users

Kyler, i think you may find this interesting from the Canadian Defense Technical Information Center

[http://www.dtic.mil/docs/citations/ADA599492](http://www.dtic.mil/docs/citations/ADA599492)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/67) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Tully Foote via ros-users

Thank you.  Yes, Pure Pursuit came up a lot in my research.  I decided that I could do without it for the trivially simple (straight line) situations that I handle now, but I do want to try it for more complex handling.  I recall that the FroboMind field robot code uses Pure Pursuit or similar.  (The target point is shown in the simulation.)  I intend to try implementing that code on my machines.

I have Tractobot00 running again.  I hope to start using it as a testbed soon.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/68) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Tully Foote via ros-users

I'm so glad the PID package I worked on has been useful to you. This is why I do it. I'm sure others feel the same way.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/69) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Tully Foote via ros-users

thank you , i like it
This is a high-quality, efficient brushless electronic speed control with an integrated switch-mode BEC. It can operate without the need for a separate receiver battery to power your servos and receivers, saving you weight and complication. GECKO series also include ESC OPTO for giant flying. This series of ESCs also features an exposed, finned heat sink aluminum case with lightweight plastic end caps. Additional features include safe power arming along with advanced programmable, data logging system, low voltage cutoff, braking, timing, throttle input range, and more, making this series truly a pro series speed control.

As the development of the electronic and popular demand of the market, our BEC has been specifically designed for extreme aerobatics and therefore has the capability to support the higher current applications to eliminate the possibility of unwanted shutdowns, and is also capable of supporting continuous simultaneous multiple servo operations typically found in CCPM equipped hardcore 3D E-helicopters.

Features
Data logging system such as temperature, voltage, current, RPM,
SBEC Voltage Output 5.0, 6.0, 7.4, 8.4V adjustable
Advanced Governor Mode and soft start
High SBEC Current Output, continuous 8A and burst 16A, designed to meet your high current application
Power arm protection, over-heat protection, low-voltage protection and lost-signal protection
Secondary sub-menu setting by LCD program card or PC interface
Firmware updating by PC interface
Unique metal shape designing gives your new fashion visual impact.
Super smooth and accurate throttle linearity
Support and match with most of the motors, including high RPM motors
Programmable motor timing
Utilizes new smaller MOSFET technology to minimize weight
Finned heat sink
programmable throttle input range
Anti-spark circuit eliminates (HV OPTO version only)
[sunray box](http://www.sunraybox.com)
Specifications
Output: Continuous Current 85A, Burst Current 100A for 10 seconds
Battery : 5-18 NiXX / 2-6S LiPo
Weight: 75g
BEC: 5.0V, 6.0V, 7.4V, 8.4V adjustable/8A
Size: 33x66x16mm (WxLxH)
[ZTW Brushless](http://en.ztwoem.com/hangmo1.html)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/70) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Tully Foote via ros-users

Hey Kyler, just wanted to mention i've incorporated pure pursuit into AgOpenGPS. It is far superior to any other guidance technique by a very long way. It just works and is very simple to set up for the vehicle.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/71) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Tully Foote via ros-users

i'm by far not an expert (that's the reason i am here... wanted to learn more) but those really look amazing. would you mind if i'm gonna have some questions for you to ask?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/72) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Tully Foote via ros-users

Fire away with questions.  Please understand that these are really simple machines and not good ROS examples, though.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/73) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

Tully Foote via ros-users

@kylerlaird Hi! Good job with the tractors! Are you aware of some other builders of autonomous tractors? There is  Matthew Reimer

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/reimer-robotics-autonomous-tractor
https://hackaday.io/project/10697-autonomous-tractor
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzQ2X0G-L8M0p2M5Z-Ed7Mg

and maybe others. He is using Pixhawk controller + RTK.

Also the Open Source Ecology project is just starting Open Source Robotic Tractor
http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/Open_Source_Robotic_Tractor
https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-a-microtractor-build-with-open-source-ecology/2830

We are also going for a robotic mower at
https://robotika.cz/robots/osgar/en
I'd be cool if we all could somehow pool resources, share experience. Or are you already in contact with some other groups?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/74) or reply to this email to respond.

1234