[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

1234

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

David!! via ros-users

How goes the progress?

We've been working on neural net fuzzy logic steering to make autosteer machine independent.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/63) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

David!! via ros-users

I slogged through planting all of the corn (535A), planted the soybeans, and then barely prepped for the AgBot Challenge.  It was today.  I won!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZJFvOwSE54

Now I'm catching up on sleeping and eating...

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/64) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

David!! via ros-users

Congratulations!!! A great accomplishment to win with the competition and even more so given the competition.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/65) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

David!! via ros-users

Very cool I like seeing how you build and sort through all the issues. All while keeping the farm running. But soon you will just have to push the buttons and Watch the monitors

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/66) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

David!! via ros-users

Kyler, i think you may find this interesting from the Canadian Defense Technical Information Center

[http://www.dtic.mil/docs/citations/ADA599492](http://www.dtic.mil/docs/citations/ADA599492)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/67) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

David!! via ros-users

Thank you.  Yes, Pure Pursuit came up a lot in my research.  I decided that I could do without it for the trivially simple (straight line) situations that I handle now, but I do want to try it for more complex handling.  I recall that the FroboMind field robot code uses Pure Pursuit or similar.  (The target point is shown in the simulation.)  I intend to try implementing that code on my machines.

I have Tractobot00 running again.  I hope to start using it as a testbed soon.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/68) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

David!! via ros-users

I'm so glad the PID package I worked on has been useful to you. This is why I do it. I'm sure others feel the same way.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/69) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

David!! via ros-users

thank you , i like it
This is a high-quality, efficient brushless electronic speed control with an integrated switch-mode BEC. It can operate without the need for a separate receiver battery to power your servos and receivers, saving you weight and complication. GECKO series also include ESC OPTO for giant flying. This series of ESCs also features an exposed, finned heat sink aluminum case with lightweight plastic end caps. Additional features include safe power arming along with advanced programmable, data logging system, low voltage cutoff, braking, timing, throttle input range, and more, making this series truly a pro series speed control.

As the development of the electronic and popular demand of the market, our BEC has been specifically designed for extreme aerobatics and therefore has the capability to support the higher current applications to eliminate the possibility of unwanted shutdowns, and is also capable of supporting continuous simultaneous multiple servo operations typically found in CCPM equipped hardcore 3D E-helicopters.

Features
Data logging system such as temperature, voltage, current, RPM,
SBEC Voltage Output 5.0, 6.0, 7.4, 8.4V adjustable
Advanced Governor Mode and soft start
High SBEC Current Output, continuous 8A and burst 16A, designed to meet your high current application
Power arm protection, over-heat protection, low-voltage protection and lost-signal protection
Secondary sub-menu setting by LCD program card or PC interface
Firmware updating by PC interface
Unique metal shape designing gives your new fashion visual impact.
Super smooth and accurate throttle linearity
Support and match with most of the motors, including high RPM motors
Programmable motor timing
Utilizes new smaller MOSFET technology to minimize weight
Finned heat sink
programmable throttle input range
Anti-spark circuit eliminates (HV OPTO version only)
[sunray box](http://www.sunraybox.com)
Specifications
Output: Continuous Current 85A, Burst Current 100A for 10 seconds
Battery : 5-18 NiXX / 2-6S LiPo
Weight: 75g
BEC: 5.0V, 6.0V, 7.4V, 8.4V adjustable/8A
Size: 33x66x16mm (WxLxH)
[ZTW Brushless](http://en.ztwoem.com/hangmo1.html)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/70) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

David!! via ros-users

Hey Kyler, just wanted to mention i've incorporated pure pursuit into AgOpenGPS. It is far superior to any other guidance technique by a very long way. It just works and is very simple to set up for the vehicle.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/71) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

David!! via ros-users

i'm by far not an expert (that's the reason i am here... wanted to learn more) but those really look amazing. would you mind if i'm gonna have some questions for you to ask?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/72) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

David!! via ros-users

Fire away with questions.  Please understand that these are really simple machines and not good ROS examples, though.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/73) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

David!! via ros-users

@kylerlaird Hi! Good job with the tractors! Are you aware of some other builders of autonomous tractors? There is  Matthew Reimer

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/reimer-robotics-autonomous-tractor
https://hackaday.io/project/10697-autonomous-tractor
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzQ2X0G-L8M0p2M5Z-Ed7Mg

and maybe others. He is using Pixhawk controller + RTK.

Also the Open Source Ecology project is just starting Open Source Robotic Tractor
http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/Open_Source_Robotic_Tractor
https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-a-microtractor-build-with-open-source-ecology/2830

We are also going for a robotic mower at
https://robotika.cz/robots/osgar/en
I'd be cool if we all could somehow pool resources, share experience. Or are you already in contact with some other groups?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/74) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

David!! via ros-users

I'm going through your code on GitHub and trying to understand the physical connection of your GPS and IMU.  I'm coming from a Pixhawk, RTK, motor controlled steering using Python and Dronekit on my JD5055, but new to ROS.  I've been unhappy with my attempt using PurePursuit and wanted to try and replicate what you have done.  I was thinking step one for me was getting a simple publisher, subscriber working with the GPS and IMU.  In trying to reverse engineer the physical connections I have found "gps_nmea = GPS_NMEA(port='/dev/gps_nmea')" in NV08C_node.py.  I also found "imu_pub = rospy.Publisher('imu', Imu, queue_size=10)" in imu_publisher.py.  Q1: Where is "gps_nmea" set and/or where is the GPS connected to your companion computer?  Q2: I see in your code where the imu is published, but I can't work backwards to see where it is connected.  Can you help?  I'll have more, but that would be enough to get me started on replicating your very impressive success.  Al in Texas

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/75) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Tractobots, my attempts at field robots

David!! via ros-users

Hi, Al.  I strongly recommend that you forget all about that code; it's really bad and very specific to the hardware I was using at the time.

Do you know about AgOpenGPS (https://agopengps.jimdosite.com/)?  It's a good place to start for a ready-to-run (but non-ROS) solution.

For a ROS solution, please join us on ROS Agriculture (http://rosagriculture.org/).

However...to answer your questions...

Q1:  /dev/gps_nmea is the NMEA port of my GPS.  There's also a port for RTCM.  Each one is a separate(!) USB interface.  I use udev to assign the NMEA port to /dev/gps_nmea.  It's usually /dev/ttyS0, I think.

Q2:  I used a Tinkerforge IMU Brick V2.0 as the IMU.  I don't think I uploaded the code for its publisher.

I'm now using an Advanced Navigation Spatial Dual (http://www.advancednavigation.com.au/product/spatial-dual).  It's ridiculously expensive but awesome.  Also, I'm trying to move everything to be more ROS-like.  I'm in the midst of developing the code again.

I suggest that you keep trying with Pure Pursuit.  Brian at OpenAgGPS has had good results with it.  At this moment, I am mapping the steering for my MT765 so that I can switch to Pure Pursuit.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tractobots-my-attempts-at-field-robots/1486/76) or reply to this email to respond.

1234