[Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] Does Turtlebot 3 supports Kinect

[Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] Does Turtlebot 3 supports Kinect

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

Hello my friends, I'm interested at ROS for like 1 year and  now we want to do something about robotics. That why decided to get Turtlebot for it. Now Turtlebot has launched but I didn't find about this question. Does Turtlebot 3 supports Kinect for SLAM ?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/does-turtlebot-3-supports-kinect/2339/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] Does Turtlebot 3 supports Kinect

Dirk Thomas via ros-users

I would check on answers.ros.org. This is a question which has a specific answer and probably belongs there. One answer is http://answers.ros.org/question/196455/kinect-installation-and-setup-on-ros-updated/

Another possibility is to do a google search ("Does ROS support the kinect sensor").

I am not sure that the Kinect will work on the Raspberry Pi.

I don't have a Kinect so I can't experiment with it.

Jay

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/does-turtlebot-3-supports-kinect/2339/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] Does Turtlebot 3 supports Kinect

The Kinect works fine with the Raspberry pi 3 and slam although using gmapping is very slow
I have to do that on a desktop then transfer the map to the robot.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/does-turtlebot-3-supports-kinect/2339/3) or reply to this email to respond.