[Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] [TB3] Inconsistent localization in gmapping

[Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] [TB3] Inconsistent localization in gmapping

Tully Foote via ros-users

Hello,

I am trying to map the turtlebot3.world as explain in wiki. Thus i run this world with gazebo
`roslaunch turtlebot3_gazebo turtlebot3_world.launch`

then fake TB3
`roslaunch turtlebot3_fake turtlebot3_fake.launch`

and finally launch default SLAM file with its associated .rviz
    roslaunch turtlebot3_slam turtlebot3_slam.launch
    rosrun rviz rviz -d `rospack find turtlebot3_slam`/rviz/turtlebot3_slam.rviz

But I am facing a curious behavior: the robot's localization is constantly jumping between its right location in Gazebo and another location. This second location correspond to the second array of columns, it looks like the particle filter is hesitating between because of the similarity of the map and the lack of differentiating features.

You can see the result [here](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWcbDQ0WdTk&feature=youtu.be)

I have tried to play with gmapping parameters without success, regarding those posts:
https://answers.ros.org/question/193756/repeated-sideways-jumps-in-gmapping-with-hokuyo/
https://answers.ros.org/question/189159/bad-maps-produced-by-gmapping-in-simulation-with-feature-poor-environments/

However, the default turtlebot3_slam settings are working pretty well with robot in real life.

Has anyone ever tried to map the default world that come with the TB3 package ?  Or had an idea about parameters to tune in turtlebot3_slam.launch file ?

Regards

Matt

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tb3-inconsistent-localization-in-gmapping/3650/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] [TB3] Inconsistent localization in gmapping

Tully Foote via ros-users

Finally found what was wrong.

Fake node and turtlebot3_world robot's node were conflicting.

I don't run anymore turtlebot3_fake and it's now working

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tb3-inconsistent-localization-in-gmapping/3650/2) or reply to this email to respond.