Quantcast

[Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] [TB3] TurtleBot3 with Laser Distance Sensor (LDS)

[Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] [TB3] TurtleBot3 with Laser Distance Sensor (LDS)

Procópio Stein via ros-users

Hi everyone :slight_smile:
TurtleBot3 release come just next month.
Are you curious about the LDS on the TurtleBot3?

LDS can be rotated 360 degrees.
It is a key part in create slam and navigation.  even create 3D map!!!
And less than half the price of a lidar sold on the market. But the functions are almost the same.

You can see it soon. :smiley:
Thank you :slight_smile:

https://youtu.be/9oic8aT3wIc

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tb3-turtlebot3-with-laser-distance-sensor-lds/1644/1) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] [TB3] TurtleBot3 with Laser Distance Sensor (LDS)

Procópio Stein via ros-users

This is the cheapest 360 degrees LiDAR in the world I know. :smile:
For more information; Please see the detailed spec on TurtleBot3 wiki.
http://turtlebot3.robotis.com/en/latest/appendix_lds.html

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tb3-turtlebot3-with-laser-distance-sensor-lds/1644/2) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] [TB3] TurtleBot3 with Laser Distance Sensor (LDS)

Procópio Stein via ros-users

The design reminds me of the RP-LIDAR (http://www.robopeak.com/blog/?p=278).

Can you comment on expected uptime? E.g., if I begin to operate the sensor and do not stop, how long before the device may need to be rebooted?

I am motivated to ask because I noticed recently that after approximately 3 days of continuous operation of an RP-LIDAR that I have, the motor stopped and would not return to operation until after I cycled power. I plan to conduct a more thorough study of product lifetime and durability of the RP-LIDAR.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tb3-turtlebot3-with-laser-distance-sensor-lds/1644/3) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] [TB3] TurtleBot3 with Laser Distance Sensor (LDS)

Procópio Stein via ros-users

@Pyo, do you have any information of the cost?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tb3-turtlebot3-with-laser-distance-sensor-lds/1644/4) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] [TB3] TurtleBot3 with Laser Distance Sensor (LDS)

Procópio Stein via ros-users

I think it is hard to expect long operation life in low-cost LiDAR.
I will ask the engineer about the expected time for the operation time. :slight_smile:

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tb3-turtlebot3-with-laser-distance-sensor-lds/1644/5) or reply to this email to respond.

[Discourse.ros.org] [TurtleBot] [TB3] TurtleBot3 with Laser Distance Sensor (LDS)

Procópio Stein via ros-users

After the launch of TurtleBot 3, the products for each accessory are going to start selling in June.
The price is still undecided, but we think it is under $150. :slight_smile:

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/tb3-turtlebot3-with-laser-distance-sensor-lds/1644/6) or reply to this email to respond.