Dynamic updating map for move_base

Zhiping
Hi to all,

I'm trying to program SLAM capability in my robot. Is there any ways or examples to link the move_base to a dynamic map whereby this map can constantly update with reference to the scan and tf as the robot move around the area?

With thanks,
Zhiping

Re: Dynamic updating map for move_base

William Woodall
http://www.ros.org/wiki/slam_gmapping

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William Woodall

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Zhiping <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi to all,

I'm trying to program SLAM capability in my robot. Is there any ways or
examples to link the move_base to a dynamic map whereby this map can
constantly update with reference to the scan and tf as the robot move around
the area?

With thanks,
Zhiping

Re: Dynamic updating map for move_base

Zhiping
Thanks for the advice.

I tried to edit the Move_base.launch by replacing this statement from
<node name="map_server" pkg="map_server" type="map_server" args="$(find my_2dnav)/map/map.yaml"/>
  <node name="slam_gmapping" pkg="gmapping" type="slam_gmapping"/>

The program works very well initally but over time the system just crash.

I was wondering whether it's because of the laptop limitation ?

My current laptop spec is
core2 Duo with 2G ram and 128mb  dedicated graphic card

with thanks,
Zhiping