Example of SLAM using mono or stere camera

Example of SLAM using mono or stere camera

hudvin
Can you give some links or examples?

Best regards,
Vadim

Re: Example of SLAM using mono or stere camera

Vaibhav Ghadiok
The vslam_system under the vision stack given an implementation of both stereo and mono SLAM.  It seems to be based on the FrameSLAM paper in TRO 2008 (Konolige, Agarwal). If you are not restricted to ROS, then there are other implementations such as Prof. Andrew Davison's Code, PTAM, etc.

With regards
Vaibhav

http://guidance.aero.iisc.ernet.in/vaibhav

Re: Example of SLAM using mono or stere camera

hudvin
thank you!

Re: Example of SLAM using mono or stere camera

hudvin
Can you recomend some tested and working SLAM(FastSLAM) libs? I need: near real time, stereo images  and odometry as input data, loops closing, large areas support. I want to make some experiments.

Re: Example of SLAM using mono or stere camera

Vaibhav Ghadiok
I want not aware of any implementation with FastSLAM (visual) applied to map large areas. FastSLAM doesn't scale well therefore the focus on SFM techniques. As far as loop closing is concerned FABMAP could be used. http://www.robots.ox.ac.uk/~mobile/wikisite/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Software.FABMAP

A similar result is achieved using the place_recognizer and stereo information in the vslam_system, as according to a recent paper in IJRR.

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 4:23 AM, hudvin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Can you recomend some tested and working SLAM(FastSLAM) libs? I need: near
real time, stereo images  and odometry as input data, loops closing, large
areas support. I want to make some experiments.

http://guidance.aero.iisc.ernet.in/vaibhav

vslam_system

hudvin
hudvin@desktop:/tmp/ros-dev#  /opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/vision/vslam_system/bin/run_stereo /tmp/params /tmp/img/ *L* *R
Cam params: 10 10 10 10 10
Top directory is /tmp/
Search directory name is img
Found 1 directories
img
[WARNING] RTC: suspicious value num_quant_bits_=842018898 found; setting to 4.
[OK] Loaded RTC, quantization=4 bits
segmenation fault

builded from source

Re: vslam_system

Vaibhav Ghadiok
If I remember right, this is because it is not being able to find the place_recognizer training files holidays.tree and holidays weight.
Your cam params certainly don't seem right. I guess you put something just to make it run. There is a file with params for the camera used in the New College Dataset.

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 1:43 PM, hudvin <[hidden email]> wrote:

hudvin@desktop:/tmp/ros-dev#
/opt/ros/cturtle/stacks/vision/vslam_system/bin/run_stereo /tmp/params
/tmp/img/ *L* *R
Cam params: 10 10 10 10 10
Top directory is /tmp/
Search directory name is img
Found 1 directories
img
[WARNING] RTC: suspicious value num_quant_bits_=842018898 found; setting to
4.
[OK] Loaded RTC, quantization=4 bits
segmenation fault

builded from source

http://guidance.aero.iisc.ernet.in/vaibhav

Re: vslam_system

hudvin
If I remember right, this is because it is not being able to find the place_recognizer training files holidays.tree and holidays weight.

  place_recognizer_("/u/mihelich/vocab/holidays.tree",
17                      "/u/mihelich/vocab/holidays.weights"),

Looks like local paths. Is this images for test purposes or something else?

>>Your cam params certainly don't seem right. I guess you put something just to make it run.
Yes, just for test.

Re: vslam_system

Vaibhav Ghadiok
These are training dataset learned from images in the holidays dataset. This should get you more info:

I have not had the time to figure this out.

I was able to find the tree file from the willow garage website, but not the weights one. I had posted a message but got no response.

Do let me know if you figure it out. I believe one would have to download the dataset and use a training program to form the basis vectors to figurer out image signatures.

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 5:18 PM, hudvin <[hidden email]> wrote:

If I remember right, this is because it is not being able to find the
place_recognizer training files holidays.tree and holidays weight.

 place_recognizer_("/u/mihelich/vocab/holidays.tree",
17                            "/u/mihelich/vocab/holidays.weights"),

Looks like local paths. Is this images for test purposes or something else?

>>Your cam params certainly don't seem right. I guess you put something just
to make it run.
Yes, just for test.

http://guidance.aero.iisc.ernet.in/vaibhav

Re: vslam_system

Vaibhav Ghadiok
Forgot to put the dataset link.

http://lear.inrialpes.fr/~jegou/data.php

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Vaibhav Ghadiok <[hidden email]> wrote:
These are training dataset learned from images in the holidays dataset. This should get you more info:

I have not had the time to figure this out.

I was able to find the tree file from the willow garage website, but not the weights one. I had posted a message but got no response.

Do let me know if you figure it out. I believe one would have to download the dataset and use a training program to form the basis vectors to figurer out image signatures.

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 5:18 PM, hudvin <[hidden email]> wrote:

If I remember right, this is because it is not being able to find the
place_recognizer training files holidays.tree and holidays weight.

 place_recognizer_("/u/mihelich/vocab/holidays.tree",
17                            "/u/mihelich/vocab/holidays.weights"),

Looks like local paths. Is this images for test purposes or something else?

>>Your cam params certainly don't seem right. I guess you put something just
to make it run.
Yes, just for test.

http://guidance.aero.iisc.ernet.in/vaibhav

Re: vslam_system

hudvin

Re: vslam_system

Vaibhav Ghadiok
Thanks!! I should have tried to search the archives. I certainly did try to google a lot but these archive messages didn't show up!!!

I have not had the time to look into this. But it seems the entire vslam is based on mainly three papers and a few references on computing visual odometry circa 2006-2007.

FrameSLAM - TRO 2008
View_based Maps - RSS 2009
View-Based Maps - IJRR 2010

The papers talk about using the toro framewrok but it seems the current version uses sba.

Did you get it to work? I was fiddling with the monoslam implementation a few days back. It does not seem to have place recognizer. Was having some problems with setting up sba. Not had a chance to look into it in more detail. Might ned to read some sba docs or the concerned paper.

On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 2:47 AM, hudvin <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks!
http://ros-users.122217.n3.nabble.com/Vision-Stack-Questions-td879124.html#a882604

http://guidance.aero.iisc.ernet.in/vaibhav

Re: vslam_system

hudvin
same error

r# rosrun  vslam_system run_stereo /tmp/params /tmp/img/ *L* *R*
Cam params: 10 10 10 10 1.59141e-314
Top directory is /tmp/
Search directory name is img
Found 1 directories
img
[WARNING] RTC: suspicious value num_quant_bits_=825257313 found; setting to 4.
[OK] Loaded RTC, quantization=4 bits
/opt/ros/cturtle/ros/bin/rosrun: строка 35:  4811 Ошибка сегментирования                   $exepath "$@"

Re: vslam_system

hudvin
It works!
thank to strace.

Re: vslam_system

Vaibhav Ghadiok
I am glad to see that it works. I was about to write that you needed to change the file path at a few more places.

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 12:41 PM, hudvin <[hidden email]> wrote:

It works!
thank to strace.

http://guidance.aero.iisc.ernet.in/vaibhav

Re: Example of SLAM using mono or stere camera

rinosh1989
Could anyone tell me how to use monoslam package in vslam_sytems