Gazebo on MAC-OS 10.6

lucaghera
Hi all,

I'm trying to set-up ROS on my MAC-OS 10.6.

I knew that in snow leopard there are some issues with gazebo but i thought that they are relative to wxwidgets.

I think, but I'm not sure, that my problem is different.

Anyone can help me??

Please find attached the log.

Best regards, Luca.

build_output.log

Re: Gazebo on MAC-OS 10.6

Taylor Veltrop
I encountered this problem with opende on 10.6 yesterday as well.

According to their website you need these configure flags to build it
in os-x:
--disable-demos
--without-x

Edit Makefile.ode.tarball in physics_ode/opende.

Add those two flags to CFG_OPTIONS.

I set WITH_DRAWSTUFF to no to be safe, thats what the build error
looked related to anyway.
If you want to build drawstuff then perhaps set it to OSX, not X11.
As I understand it is only used for the demos.

Here's what mine looks like now:

WITH_DRAWSTUFF = no

CFG_OPTIONS = --with-trimesh=opcode --enable-new-trimesh --enable-
demos --enable-shared --with-arch=nocona --enable-release --enable-
malloc --enable-ou --disable-asserts --with-pic --enable-double-
precision --disable-demos --without-x --with-drawstuff=none

ifeq ($(WITH_DRAWSTUFF), yes)
CFG_OPTIONS += --with-drawstuff=OSX
endif

On Nov 1, 2010, at 7:11 PM, lucaghera wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to set-up ROS on my MAC-OS 10.6.
>
> I knew that in snow leopard there are some issues with gazebo but i
> thought
> that they are relative to wxwidgets.
>
> I think, but I'm not sure, that my problem is different.
>
> Anyone can help me??
>
> Please find attached the log.
>
> Best regards, Luca.
>
> http://ros-users.122217.n3.nabble.com/file/n1820916/build_output.log
> build_output.log

Re: Gazebo on MAC-OS 10.6

lucaghera
Thank you!
Using your tips i compiled opende.
Now i'm compiling gazebo. I'll post any news as soon as possible.

Anyway, why these configure flags doesn't appear in the original cmake file?

Best regards,
Luca

Taylor Veltrop wrote
[...]

endif

Re: Gazebo on MAC-OS 10.6

lucaghera
Ok, i compiled gazebo and it returned the following output. It says built 36 packages with 0 failures but at the same time "Configuring incomplete, errors occurred". Is it ok?

build_output.log

Moreover i tried to compile gazebo_worlds and it returned the following output.

build_output.log

Any idea?
Thank you,
Luca

Re: Gazebo on MAC-OS 10.6

trinighost
ld: warning: in /Users/luca/ros/stacks/visualization_common/ogre/ogre/lib/Ogre.framework/Ogre, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)

This might be fixable, I seem to remember at one point in the P/S world that changing the compile flag to generate universal worked, but I'm not sure how much mileage that would provide these days.

Re: Gazebo on MAC-OS 10.6

DRamachandran

Luca,

 It looks like this is causes by the 32-bit -> 64 bit transitioning problem on snow leopard. If you google "ogre_tools broken on Snow leopard" you will find an earlier thread on this issue that can give you some explanation of what the problem is
and how you might be able to fix it.

~Deepak

lucaghera <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]

11/01/2010 09:43 AM

Please respond to
User discussions <[hidden email]>

cc
Subject
Re: [ros-users] Gazebo on MAC-OS 10.6

http://ros-users.122217.n3.nabble.com/file/n1821719/build_output.log
build_output.log

Moreover i tried to compile gazebo_worlds and it returned the following
output.

http://ros-users.122217.n3.nabble.com/file/n1821719/build_output.log
build_output.log

Any idea?
Thank you,
Luca

Re: Gazebo on MAC-OS 10.6

lucaghera
OK,

I builded ogre_tools :)

1) download 1.7.1 sources
2) apply this patch: http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59370
3) build the sources
4) copy the builded lib folder in ~/ros/stacks/visualization_common/ogre/ogre/
5) rosmake ogre_tools

Otherwise, when i try to build rviz it returns the following output:

wxprogrig_build_output.log

Gazebo instead returns the following output:

gazebo_build_output.log

How I can compile bullet in a way that it uses the double precision?

Thank you all!!! :D

Re: Gazebo on MAC-OS 10.6

tfoote
To compile bullet with double precision you need to define
-DBT_USE_DOUBLE_PRECISION

We also use
-DBT_EULER_DEFAULT_ZYX
in our ROS build of bullet.

See https://code.ros.org/svn/ros-pkg/stacks/geometry/tags/geometry-1.2.0/bullet/Makefile.bullet and  https://code.ros.org/svn/ros-pkg/stacks/geometry/tags/geometry-1.2.0/bullet/CMakeLists.txt

Tully

http://ros-users.122217.n3.nabble.com/file/n1835602/wxprogrig_build_output.log

http://ros-users.122217.n3.nabble.com/file/n1835602/gazebo_build_output.log
gazebo_build_output.log

How I can compile bullet in a way that it uses the double precision?

Thank you all!!! :D

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer
Willow Garage, Inc.
[hidden email]
(650) 475-2827

Re: Gazebo on MAC-OS 10.6

lucaghera
Isn't it defined by default?
Because i compiled bullet without modifying anything but when I try to compile gazebo it returns the attached error.

Anyway now I successful compiled wxpropgrid but when I try to compile rviz it returns the following error:

build_output.log

Maybe the problem is that py25-wxpython doesn't work with 64 bit?

tfoote wrote