How to update a stack to the newest version

How to update a stack to the newest version

肖江遥
Hello,

I have installed ros-latest version on my computer. But now it's not the newest
for some stacks I want use, such as point-cloud-perception and
visualization. Who can tell me how to update such stacks to their newest
version without reinstall ros, thanks!

Cheers,
Junhao

Re: How to update a stack to the newest version

cuenta altas
Hi Junhao,

I think you can cd into the stack you want to update and issue a 'svn up' command. If you want to update the whole ros installation try with 'roscd' and then 'svn up'.

Someone, please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Miguel.

El 07/06/2010, a las 15:07, [hidden email] escribió:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed ros-latest version on my computer. But now it's not the newest
> for some stacks I want use, such as point-cloud-perception and
> visualization. Who can tell me how to update such stacks to their newest
> version without reinstall ros, thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> Junhao

Re: How to update a stack to the newest version

Tinne De Laet

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 14:19, Miguel Prada <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Junhao,

I think you can cd into the stack you want to update and issue a 'svn up' command. If you want to update the whole ros installation try with 'roscd' and then 'svn up'.

Someone, please, correct me if I'm wrong.

When I want to update ros and all stacks to latest I just rerun the installation script:
e.g.

This automatically updates all packages.

Tinne

Miguel.

El 07/06/2010, a las 15:07, [hidden email] escribió:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed ros-latest version on my computer. But now it's not the newest
> for some stacks I want use, such as point-cloud-perception and
> visualization. Who can tell me how to update such stacks to their newest
> version without reinstall ros, thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> Junhao

Re: How to update a stack to the newest version

idryanov
To update only a specific package, for example, visualization, you can do:

roscd visualization
svn up

Ivan

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Tinne De Laet
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 14:19, Miguel Prada <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Junhao,
>>
>> I think you can cd into the stack you want to update and issue a 'svn up'
>> command. If you want to update the whole ros installation try with 'roscd'
>> and then 'svn up'.
>>
>> Someone, please, correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> When I want to update ros and all stacks to latest I just rerun the
> installation script:
> e.g.
>  ~/rosinstall ~/ros_latest http://ros.org/rosinstalls/latest_pr2.rosinstall
> This automatically updates all packages.
> Tinne
>

>> Miguel.
>>
>> El 07/06/2010, a las 15:07, [hidden email] escribió:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I have installed ros-latest version on my computer. But now it's not the
>> > newest
>> > for some stacks I want use, such as point-cloud-perception and
>> > visualization. Who can tell me how to update such stacks to their newest
>> > version without reinstall ros, thanks!
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Junhao

Re: How to update a stack to the newest version

Lorenz Mösenlechner

the intended way to update all stacks is running the rosinstall script
on a directory that already contains a ros installation, as Miguel
suggested. You normally can leave out the rosinstall file since the
script is smart enough to use this.rosinstall in your ros directory.

I'm not sure if it is a good idea to just update one stack and leave
the others. There might be cross-dependencies on specific versions
(e.g. pcl depends on a recent version of dynamic_reconfigure which is
in the stack driver_common).

Don't forget to rosmake all your packages after the update.

Lorenz