[JOB OFFER] Senior Research Engineer in Robotics for Advanced Manufacturing - (TECNALIA, San Sebastian, Spain)
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
(Apologies for multiple postings)
In Tecnalia’s robotics group, we are looking for a robotics researcher/engineer with a strong software development background to develop and implement advanced robotic systems.
Tecnalia is the largest private, non-profit, Technological Research & Development center in Spain and one of the leading ones in Europe.
One of the main targets of any project in Tecnalia is to development technology, mature it and transfer it to industrial companies, making sure that the R&D has a real impact!
The Advanced Manufacturing business unit, within the Industry and Transport division, has 3 main focuses related to the field of Robotics (http://tecnalia.com/robotics ):
- Design and prototyping of innovative robots, as a product (PKM; Cable-based robots, mobile robots..)
- Robot Autonomy for Flexible Manufacturing (3D Vision, advanced manipulation, mobile manipulator, dual-arm robots, autonomous navigation…)
- Robots for Industrial processes automation (Composite manufacturing, Assembly, Aeronautic Drilling and Assembly…)
The position: We are looking for a robotics researcher/engineer with a strong software development background to develop and implement advanced robotic systems, working on projects related mainly (but not only) to robotics advanced manipulation, 3D vision robot guiding, mobile manipulators, automatic programming etc…
The position is of a researcher/engineer within a private research center, thus including participation to the identification of new business opportunities, unexpressed requirements from our clients as well as definition and cost evaluation of the solution proposed in commercial offers, and contributions to European projects proposals.
Who are you? Autonomous and dedicated, you have an innovative spirit and you are eager to move next generation robotics to real world applications, working on the robotics software development (manipulation, vision, mecatronics, real-time) and deployment of such innovative robotic systems, from the first conceptual ideas to the validation in real-condition pilot prototypes.
You have proven knowledge of software programming, robotics system simulation and control.
You have very good communication (oral and written) skills, are problem-solving oriented and you are comfortable with teamwork, in different languages and locations.
Requirements: - PhD or Master degree in robotics, or Industrial engineer with strong experience in R&D robotics projects.
- Desired 5 years of experience in R&D in robotics.
- Proven skills in Software programming ( C/C++, Python, Continuous Integration) and Robotics software (ROS, OpenCV, PCL…).
- Fluency in English. Eager to learn Spanish quickly. French is welcome.
- Availability for travels is required.
Desired: - Hands-on experience of 3D vision for robotics.
- Applied knowledge of robot modeling, motion generation and robot/vision calibration.
- Capability to understand and analyze scientific publications and patents.
- Experience in private funded projects with fixed deadlines and resources.
- Experience in the definition of R&D projects.
Will also be positively valued: - Experience of traditional robotics software is welcome (Delmia, Kuka, Fanuc, Abb…)
- Experience in industrial control (PLC, industrial robot controllers…).
- Participation in collaborative projects such as European projects
Dr. Damien SALLÉ
Division de Industria y Transporte – Responsable del grupo Robótica para Fabricacion Avanzada
Division Industry and Transports – Head of the Robotics Group for Advanced Manufacturing