Quantcast

Re: Dumping JPEG images to disk

Ethan Dreyfuss
Hi All,

I just wrote a utility to perform a related task called bag_to_images.  Given a bag which has the raw camera image and camera info messages, this utility performs rectification/colorization as requested and dumps the resulting images to png/jpeg, all within a single process.

Documentation is available at: http://www.ros.org/wiki/bag_to_images

Cheers,
Ethan

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Victor Eruhimov <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

There is a node extract_images in image_view package that works exactly like image_view, but instead of displaying images it saves them to disk at 10fps. I wrote it recently (because could not find a tool for dumping jpegs), there is no  documentation for it yet. Call syntax is the same as for image_view (e.g. rosrun image_view extract_images image:=/camera/image), images will be saved to the current folder.

Best Regards, Victor

On Dec 19, 2009, at 5:19 PM, Alex Sorokin wrote:

Hi All,

I know there's probably multiple tools to dump jpeg images to disk. I couldn't find any on ros.org.

1. Does anyone know where is one?
2. Why doesn't ros.org find it?

Alex