Reverting to early ROS version

Anh Tran-3
Hello all,

I was wondering if there is an easy way to revert back to an earlier
version using the rosinstall tool.  I remember seeing something like a
'revision:' field added to the .rosconfig file, but I couldn't find
any documentation for it anymore.

We're trying to revert back to an earlier version because the gmapping
tool for building a dynamic map does not seem to be working anymore
(BuildingAMapInSimulation tutorial).  Although I know that it was
working at one point.

I would appreciate answers to either issue (rosinstall or gmapping).  Thanks!

Cheers,
Anh Tran

Re: [ros-users] Reverting to early ROS version

Eitan Marder-Eppstein
Ahn,

The launch files used by the Building a Map in Simulation tutorial were a bit out of date. I've updated them, and updated the tutorial to reflect some changes to how rviz subscribes to and displays the map. If you svn up, and then run again, things should work. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hope all is well,

Eitan

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Anh Tran <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

I was wondering if there is an easy way to revert back to an earlier
version using the rosinstall tool.  I remember seeing something like a
'revision:' field added to the .rosconfig file, but I couldn't find
any documentation for it anymore.

We're trying to revert back to an earlier version because the gmapping
tool for building a dynamic map does not seem to be working anymore
(BuildingAMapInSimulation tutorial).  Although I know that it was
working at one point.

I would appreciate answers to either issue (rosinstall or gmapping).  Thanks!

Cheers,
Anh Tran

Re: [ros-users] Reverting to early ROS version

tfoote
Anh,
To set a revision in a rosinstall file you can do it in the uri line like this:
{{{
- svn:
    uri: https://code.ros.org/svn/ros/stacks/ros/tags/latest -r8069
    local-name: ros
}}}

Tully

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Eitan Marder-Eppstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer
Willow Garage, Inc.
[hidden email]
(650) 475-2827

Re: [ros-users] Reverting to early ROS version

Anh Tran-3
Great! Thanks to both for the lightning fast response as always.
Development is a lot more enjoyable and efficient with your help.

Cheers,
Anh Tran

>>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/theplanet-com