T-REX Status

Daniel Hewlett
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows the status of the T-REX system (especially wrt. ROS). It seems that the documentation is out of date and some of the packages are missing/blacklisted. Is T-REX still under active development and is ROS support for it ongoing?

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: T-REX Status

Gil Jones
Hi Daniel,

Sorry for the delay in response.  T-REX has been on the backburner here as we've been more focused on Milestone 3 packages and stacks, but we're going to be ramping up development and support for T-REX again.  We plan to fix the build problems and update the documentation in the next week, and then the next effort is to focus on integration with ROS.  Currently the primary ROS interface T-REX uses is through deprecated robot_actions messages - we'll be porting the ROS interface to use actionlib in the near future.  We'll also be trying to make a more comprehensive set of tutorials.  In terms of new features the path forward is less clear, but you can feel free to make feature requests.

-Gil

--
E. Gil Jones ([hidden email])
Research Engineer