Which package is used for checking collision?

Which package is used for checking collision?

j2eegirl
I want to research the algorithm for checking collision in ROS. I can't make sure which package is used for checking collision? and is there any documents to introduce the algorithm?
Thank you.

Re: Which package is used for checking collision?

Gil Jones
Our collision checking is done in the collision_space package in the collision_environment stack.  We primarily use ODE for collision checking (src/environmentODE.cpp), though there is also a somewhat out of date version of collision checking using Bullet included in the same directory.  For information on what ODE does you can look at http://opende.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Manual_%28Collision_Detection%29.

For collision checking with the PR2 we insert a set of meshes for the robot's body as well as meshes or geometric primitives associated with recognized objects into the collision space.  We also include a set of self-filtered oriented bounding boxes associated with range sensor hits into the collision space.  If you have any specific questions about our use of ODE I'm happy to try to answer them.

--Gil

--
E. Gil Jones ([hidden email])
Research Engineer

I realize the ros tutorials from the website of http://www.ros.org/wiki/motion_planning_environment/Tutorials/Tutorial%20A
I figure the command "roslaunch pr2_arm_navigation_actions environment_server_right_arm.launch" is used to check collision. But I want to know how to use debug tool such as gdb to find what function I want.
Thank you.

Re: Which package is used for checking collision?

j2eegirl
I have seen the website
http://opende.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Manual_%28Collision_Detection%29
It doesn't give every detail, but I got the main method. Now I need a tool and a test program, using the tool to debug the program for looking through every function. Then I think I can manage to import our checking collision method into the package of collision_space.
Thank you.