request to update sample laser.bag in tutorial introduction to working with laser scan data

request to update sample laser.bag in tutorial introduction to working with laser scan data

nitinDhiman
Hello friends,
I am trying to setup following tutorial on cturtle:
 http://www.ros.org/wiki/laser_pipeline/Tutorials/IntroductionToWorkingWithLaserScannerData

I found out that sample 'laser.bag' do not have data as mentioned in tutorial. Laser.bag do not publishes topic '/base_scan' when played.  Following is the output of 'rostopic list '

nitin@tangri:/opt/ros/cturtle$ rostopic list -v
Published topics:
 * /tilt_scan [sensor_msgs/LaserScan] 1 publisher
 * /rosout [roslib/Log] 2 publishers
 * /tf [tf/tfMessage] 1 publisher
 * /clock [roslib/Clock] 1 publisher
 * /my_cloud [sensor_msgs/PointCloud] 1 publisher
 * /rosout_agg [roslib/Log] 1 publisher

Although tutorial still run by changing from '/base_scan' to '/tilt_scan', it do causes some confusion for newbees.

regards
nitin

Re: request to update sample laser.bag in tutorial introduction to working with laser scan data

Vijay Pradeep
Hi Nitin,

Thank you for pointing this out.  I've updated the tutorial accordingly.

Vijay