roscore problem: help

Gokul Subramanian
Hi.

I recently installed ROS. Here is a problem that I face when I run roscore.

ramana@ramana-laptop:~$ roscore
... logging to /home/ramana/.ros/log/bb98e1e8-09dd-11df-a966-0c6076012125/roslaunch-ramana-laptop-20281.log

Unable to contact my own XML-RPC server, this is a highly unusual error and should be reported immediately.
My URI is [http://192.168.1.35:40429/]

What am I supposed to do?

Thanks
Gokul.

Re: [ros-users] roscore problem: help

Ken Conley
Hi Gokul,

What is your IP address? Is it still 192.168.1.35? If not, your
settings (like ROS_IP) will have to be updated.

If you're not using ROS to communicate with multiple machines, you may
instead want to just set:

ROS_HOSTNAME=localhost

and remove your ROS_IP setting.

 - Ken

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Gokul Subramanian
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I recently installed ROS. Here is a problem that I face when I run roscore.
>

> ramana@ramana-laptop:~$ roscore
> ... logging to
> /home/ramana/.ros/log/bb98e1e8-09dd-11df-a966-0c6076012125/roslaunch-ramana-laptop-20281.log
>
> Unable to contact my own XML-RPC server, this is a highly unusual error and
> should be reported immediately.
> My URI is [http://192.168.1.35:40429/]
>

> What am I supposed to do?
>
> Thanks
> Gokul.

> world's best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities for
> Conference
> attendees to learn about information security's most important issues
> through
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsaconf-dev2dev

Re: [ros-users] roscore problem: help

Gokul Subramanian