Quantcast

rosdep support of Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty

Benjamin Cohen
Hey,

I was wondering if the rosdep system stopped supporting ubuntu 9.04. I received this error message on two of my machines running 64-bit 9.04:

bcohen@dean:~/ros/pkgs/wg-ros-pkg-trunk/nav/teleop_base$ rosdep install teleop_base
failed to find specific version 9.04 of ubuntu within {'9.10': 'libsoqt4-dev libsoqt-dev-common', '8.04': 'libsoqt-dev'}
failed to find specific version 9.04 of ubuntu within {'9.10': 'libqwt-dev', '8.04': 'libqwt-dev'}
executing this script:
 set -o errexit
#No Packages to install
bcohen@dean:~/ros/pkgs/wg-ros-pkg-trunk/nav/teleop_base$

I guess I should upgrade to 9.10. I was only waiting because I wanted to make sure there was complete ROS support for it.

thank you,
-- ben

Re: [ros-users] rosdep support of Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty

Morgan Quigley
Hi Ben,

The rosdep system itself can detect and support 9.04, but the
particular rosdep and ubuntu version you described are just not filled
in.

In this case, the rosdep is "soqt" , needed by physsim  (which I
discovered using "rosdep what_needs soqt"). The next step to track it
down is to find out which stack defines the rosdep. I did a "roscd
physsim" then went up the tree until I found a rosdep.yaml. The
culprit was visible in the rosdep.yaml one directory up:
~/ros/pkgs/wg-ros-pkg-trunk/sandbox/rosdep.yaml  (near the bottom of
the file).

If you add key definitions for 9.04 (I'm not sure what they should
be), just send a patch to the maintainer of the stack or package you
couldn't build. The idea is for these rosdep "translations" between
logical dependency names and native-package names (e.g.,
debian/ubuntu/fedora/gentoo/etc. packages) to continue to grow as we
all figure them out for various systems.

-Morgan