stereo_image_proc - cloud - origin

Dejan Pangercic
Dear all,

I am using Videre STOC camera and stereo_image_proc pkg to generate
point clouds. Now I can't seem to find out where "on the camera" the
origin of the point cloud as generated by the package is.
Could anyone help me with that?

cheers, D.

--
MSc. Dejan Pangercic
PhD Student/Researcher

Re: stereo_image_proc - cloud - origin

Vijay Pradeep
Hi Dejan,

Where in the docs is the point cloud described as "on the camera"?  We definitely could replace this with a more descriptive statement.

Point clouds are generated in the optical frame of the left imager (X Right, Y Down, Z out).  I've added a small blurb and diagram to http://www.ros.org/wiki/stereo_image_proc describing this.

Hopefully this helps!

Vijay

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Dejan Pangercic <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,

I am using Videre STOC camera and stereo_image_proc pkg to generate
point clouds. Now I can't seem to find out where "on the camera" the
origin of the point cloud as generated by the package is.
Could anyone help me with that?

cheers, D.

--
MSc. Dejan Pangercic
PhD Student/Researcher
Computer Science IX
Technische Universität München
Telephone: +49 (89) 289-17780
E-Mail: [hidden email]
WWW: http://ias.cs.tum.edu/people/pangercic

Re: stereo_image_proc - cloud - origin

Dejan Pangercic
Hi Vijay,

> Where in the docs is the point cloud described as "on the camera"?  We
> definitely could replace this with a more descriptive statement.
that was just me abusing english language a bit, there isn't anything
alike in the code/docs:-)

I have one additional question, on my VIdere STOC camera I am getting
colored images only sporadically despite
"do_colorize" parameter being set to True. Is anyone else experiencing
a similar behavior?

cheers, D.